Number of position:1
Position Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Deadline: 28th, March 2019
Date needed: ASAP
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Logistics Officer will be responsible in dealing with all procurement in Tripoli and Western area. He is also responsible to maintain and continuously monitor the existing procurement system, movement of goods liaison with Finance, propose and implement strategic adjustments increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all logistic procedures.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Participate in field-level planning formulation in the area of logistics. Participate in programmed planning
and advising on logistics considerations.
– Ensure timely transmission of logistics monitoring information, stock levels and distribution status to the
logistics focal point at the national level.
-Ensure that all logistical operations are fully documented in a well-organized and updated filing system.
-Act as an Asset officer; insure always that Asset List is physically verified in quarterly basis and keep asset
handover up-dated and in proper files.
-Responsible for the driver and the fleet management of IMC’s vehicle and rented vehicle
– Develop reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
– Provide regular weekly and monthly reports based on IMC Logistics book.
-Perform any other duty assigned by Supervisor.
The applicant must have the following qualification:
-University degree in logistics, or related field
– Minimum of 2-3 years’ professional experience in similar positions. INGO experience is an asset.
– Ability to work in a participatory manner with colleagues to problem-solve, with an analytical approach
– Excellent communication and customer relations skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work together other persons and employees.
– Ability to coordinate with others and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines and handle concurrent
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel, as well as email communications and other computer
– Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English and Arabic languages.
-Ability to present information and respond appropriately to questions.
Email your CV to [email protected] indicating in the subject the position.