Title: Social Worker
Cesvi has been one of the first INGOs intervening in Libya, as soon as the Arab Spring begun in 2011 and is carrying out a Humanitarian Protection Program in Tripoli and Misrata within different settings, included Gender-based Violence program since 2016.
In response to the current situation in Libya and to increase the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to Gender-based Violence (GBV), the Project addresses specific needs of Survivors in the area of Misrata.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
• Supporting with mapping and enhancement of services (public and private, national and international) focused on the provision of medical and social support to GBV survivors;
• Conducting identification, assessment and referral of beneficiaries to appropriate services (internal and external);
• Providing Psychological First Aid;
• Representing Cesvi in a professional manner in meetings and ensure good cooperation with local partners and other relevant actors;
• Respecting Cesvi’s Standard Operating Procedures and Code of Conduct for the Confidentiality and the Prevention of Sexual Harassment;
• Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings and trainings, in particular those concerning GBV;
• Observe and respect GBV Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Supporting the Team leader in preparing work plans;
• Supporting in organizing and planning social events and life skills activities;
• Organize and facilitate awareness sessions and Focus Group Discussions;
• Maintaining accurate records and support the Team Leader in preparing reports; documenting and sharing lessons learned and best practices;
• Liaising with and make referrals to other agencies;
• Accomplishing day to day activities;
• Assisting in performing other tasks as requested by Team Leader and Project Manager;
• Hand over his/her tasks with a proper and accurate handover report at the end of contract.
• Any other relevant task as requested by the Project Manager
Duty station: Misrata